Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Day In The Big Apple

A Day in the Big Apple... I finally put this video together, a video made from a collection of photographs I took in New York City, downtown lower Manhattan more specifically, the few square blocks around the World Trade Center Memorial Site and South Street Seaport. The trip took place in 2011, on a wintry day. I walked and stopped to photograph whenever and wherever a scene spoke to me.

Having a camera, being a photographer is a privilege. Dorothea Lange once said - To live a visual life is an enormous undertaking, practically unattainable. But when the great photographs are produced, it will be down that road. But I have only touched it, just touched it.

On that day, I remember a famous quote from Ansel Adams - “When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”


I hope you enjoy the video as much as I enjoy taking my long walk in the Big Apple that day



                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment